Enhance Your SEO Skill with our Best Practice Guide
What is SEO?
Search Engine Optimization is the ultimate process of improving the visibility of your website on organic (unpaid or natural) search engine result pages (SERPs), by integrating search engine friendly elements into the website.
A productive search engine optimization campaign will have, carefully select, relevant, keyword as part of the improvements, and the on-page optimization will also be designed to make it noticeable for search engine algorithms. There are two basic areas for Search engine optimization, the on-page, and off-page optimization.
On-page optimization is the elements which comprise a web page, such as, textual content, images and HTML code. While Off-page optimization refers to backlinks. Backlinks are links pointing to the optimized website from other relevant websites.
Why Is Seo Important?
SEO is a vital part of every successful online business. With search engines serving millions of users looking for one thing or the other, maybe solutions to their problems or answers to their questions. SEO in a very effective way to grow your online business and meet the business objectives.
Search engine optimization is essential to your website because:
• Most of the search engines users usually choose from one of the top 10 suggestions in the results page so optimizing your website will help you rank higher and gain more visitors to your website or customers to your on-line store.
• Search engine optimization practices improve the user usability and experience and of a website.
• Because the Users trust search engines and having your website in the top positions for the particular keywords, increases the user’s trust on your website.
• SEO can increase the promotion of your website on social media platforms. Because individuals who find your website through a search engine are more likely to share your contents on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, and other social media channels.
• SEO can put you ahead of your competitors. Your search engine optimized website is more likely to have more visitors and customers and make more sales than other non-SEO websites.
How to make your website more SEO friendly
With every algorithm update, yahoo, google, and search engines are always a step closer to achieving more user-friendly results while seriously removing nonSEO ranked pages. Investing your time and effort into creating useful, user-oriented and unique contents is the best way to rank your website for long-term growth and success.
These are the SEO friendly basics that will make search engines love your website:
Use The Right Keywords
Keywords are the most important, step to making your website SEO friendly. Using the right keywords will make your website rank higher in search engines and direct interested users to your content. In order to find the right keyword for your post or page, you need to some basic keyword research like thinking about what people would likely type into a search engine.
Once you’ve found the correct keyword or phrase to use, then you can strategically place it in the title, permalink (URL), meta description, H2 tags (headings), as a tag, in the alt text of images and naturally throughout the content.
Crawlable Link Structures
Using meaningful keywords in your Crawlable link structures (URLs) allow your website to be easily and quickly found by search engines and helps users know what the page content is about.
So, avoid using numbers and symbols as keywords in your URL for the best results. For example, www.yourwebsitename.com/how-to-make-your-website-more-seo-friendly is more effective than www.yourwebsitename.com/84675_ 4_steps_to_make_your_website_more_seo_friendly
The quality of the content on your website has a significant impact on whether it is SEO friendly or not. if the contents are not able to be indexed by search engines, your website will never show up in search results. To make sure your content is indexable, always publish high-quality, useful and informative contents that give readers exactly what they are searching for.
Also, avoid duplicate content on your website, because duplication of contents on your website will warrant an SEO penalty and can seriously impact your ranking.
Upon uploading an image to your website make sure you change the file name to a description of the picture, for example, london.jpg rather than image123.jpg will help the image appear in search engine image searches, which ultimately expose your website to new readers and drive traffic towards it.
There are many indirect benefits from having social media platforms linked to your website on your website ranking. Use social media platforms to share your contents across the web.
This sharing will ultimately increase your website page views, generates new leads, drives real traffic, enhance brand exposure and help you builds your community of followers, all of which supports your SEO efforts indirectly. Share your content on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, and others.
Do’s of search engine optimization (SEO)
• Pay attention to your ranks over time. target a number of different keywords and phrases, and pay attention to how your website ranks for each of them.
• Partake in keyword listening. Keyword listening is a simple strategy whereby you research how users are searching and how those keyword patterns change over time. This will give you new ideas for potential keywords to target.
• Use keywords to find new content topics. Keyword research can help you know topics of the contents your audience actually cares about.
• Be judicious about what you use as title tags. It is important for you to include phrases and words that accurately and concisely describe the service you offer.
Don’ts of search engine optimization (SEO)
• Don’t focus exclusively on some particular phrases. It’s necessary for you to narrow your focus to a few keyword areas, but don’t get caught up in only pursuing a handful of keyword phrases.
• Don’t Stuff keywords into your content. Avoid Including a particular phrase too many times throughout your website or in a non-relevant context as it will not only decrease your rank but also turn off your customers.
• Don’t Use keywords as anchor text for inbound links. Framing your inbound links in hypertext that contain a target keyword phrase, will seem to google as a deliberate attempt to manipulate your website rank. Instead, embed your links in a contextual text relevant to the content.
In conclusion, adhere to these best practices and you will be able to avoid Google penalty while you’re also earning a higher return on your SEO investment.
Subscribe to Blog via Email